James’ Plumbing & Heating provides complete air conditioning and heating services for homes and businesses in the Santa Fe area, but we also offer ductless mini split heating and cooling systems. We believe these are among the best comfort options on the market, and their flexibility allows them to work in many types of environments.
If you’re interested in learning more about this incredible technology that is energy efficient and environmentally friendly, call us in Santa Fe, NM to learn more about the details. We employ some of the best technicians in the business—we have to, because we do extensive government contract work and must carry numerous certifications and licenses to meet program requirements. We’ll put this experience and training to work for you, whether you need a new ductless mini split installation, repair, replacement, or just basic maintenance. Simply give us a call to schedule service on ductless heat pumps in the Santa Fe area.
How Ductless Air Conditioning and Heating Works
A ductless mini split heat pump is ingeniously simple in how it eliminates ducts from the heating and cooling process. A standard traditional heat pump is a split system, meaning the system consists of a single outdoor unit and single indoor unit. An air handler blower unit sends the conditioned air from the indoor unit, through system of ducts, and into the space in the room or building that needs the heating or cooling.
Other the other hand, a ductless mini split system may use multiple smaller air handler units that can be mounted unobtrusively high on walls in different rooms throughout the house or business. The indoor units are still connected to the outdoor component (usually referred to as a compressor), allowing them to heat and cool air in each living and working spaces as needed. In this way the system can divide a home or office into several zones adding greater comfort, flexibility, and efficiency for the occupants. No need for ducts—heating and cooling comes straight from the mini air handlers in each zone. Mitsubishi systems can be designed with several other air handler components such as ceiling cassettes and floor units that allow even greater flexibility for home owners.
What Are the Benefits of Going with Ductless Heating and Air Conditioning?
Here are some of the reasons we recommend ductless heating and cooling systems:
- Dual Function Heating and Cooling: Like any heat pump, a ductless mini split works as both a powerful cooling system and an energy efficient heating system.
- Reduced Energy Use: The motors in ductless systems are “smarter” than in conventional heat pumps and they much use less power. Unlike normal heating or cooling systems that are either 100% on or 100% off, ductless system motors are inverter driven – meaning they can speed up or slow down based on the need. When only a little energy is needed to maintain the temperature, then that is all the system uses. In addition, the lack of ducts prevents the heat loss/heat gain through the duct work thereby improving energy efficiency over a ducted system.
- Flexibility: Ductless mini splits give older homes the opportunity to enjoy centralized comfort without having to find a way to construct ducts where there isn’t room. This also makes them great for new building projects. There are a variety of components available that make designing a system easy. And if you have an old oil or gas furnace, there are solutions for that too.
- Better Indoor Air Quality: Ducts collect dander, dust, lint, and more. Without ducts, there won’t be as many pollutants and allergens circulating throughout a home or office.
- Zone Control: The different air handlers in the home can be controlled separately from one another. Homes and businesses can enjoy temperatures suited to different rooms and the different comfort needs of the people in them.
Interested in a Ductless Mini-split system? Call us!
Larry - Santa Fe, NM
Knowledgeable and thoughtful. Isaac did a first class job. Highly recommended.
Vernon - Santa Fe, NM
Excellent! Happy to give any reviews, testimonials you want.
Jessie - Santa Fe, NM
Isaac and Carlos were very professional and to the point. Everything was very easy and fluid from making an appointment to getting everything done in a timely manner. They were both very caring and educated me on what needed to be done and how to prevent further problems. Great company, thank you !
Arthur - Santa Fe, NM
Very nicely done , promptly with good explanations - will use you again
Expertise, reliability, courtesy
Alan - Santa Fe, NM
A stranger here in Santa Fe, I chose James Plumbing and Heating because of their web reviews. I was not misled. Their expertise is matched by their determination to get things right and to satisfy the needs of the customer. We were extremely well served by James senior and by the team of Isaac and Thomas.. One other thing that distinguishes this outfit, honesty, from top to bottom. We recommend them highly.
Lynn - Santa Fe, NM
Very professional, and reasonable.
Rick - Santa Fe, NM
Excellent service. Very helpful and prompt. Thank you.
James’ Plumbing &Heating
Wayne - Santa Fe, NM
Called late yesterday afternoon with 2 plumbing issues. Was called right back with an appointment for today. Mr. James was right on time, knew EXACTLY what to do. Great price, excellent service. Good company
Travis - Santa Fe, NM
Thomas was an awesome plumber. Fast, cordial, and did a quality job.
Great service and prices
Nora - Santa Fe, NM
This is the second time we have used James' Plumbing and Heating. They respond in a reasonable time and work with you on a good time for them come to your house. James and his crew are very professional and knowledgeable about what needs to be done to repair your plumbing and heating issues. They explain what replacement parts will be needed and the cost. We will contact them again for any future issues we may have. Nora
Robin - Santa Fe, NM
Cherie - Santa Fe, NM
Fixed a leak quickly. It was a good experience.
A Real craftsman
Andre - Santa Fe, NM
Thorough, quick, reliable. What else could you ask?
TJ - Santa Fe, NM
Knowledgeable, courteous, found the solution to a weird problem.
Jennifer - Santa Fe, NM
I needed my sewerline replaced. They were fast and super easy to work with. thanks!
Very efficient and fair
Steve - Santa Fe, NM
Prompt and efficient...
Tom - Santa Fe, NM
Isaac and Tom came as promised and did a masterful job of replacing the plumbing underneath our kitchen sink, installing a new sink, and installing a new garbage disposal. Great job and well worth the cost!
GREAT SERVICE - VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE - RECOMMENDED
Ricardo - Santa Fe, NM
James' Plumbing & Heating has been a real lifesaver. Parts of our radiant heating hadn't worked in at least 3 years, they came and figured out what the problem was and got things working in a timely manner. THANK YOU.
Great service by Isaac!
Edward - Santa Fe, NM
Isaac was able to step in at the end of the business day and took care of our sewer line issue quickly!
Amazing customer service, prompt and efficient! Will definitely use them and recommend their services to anyone who needs them!
Liz - Santa Fe, NM
Replacing gas line section in Santa Fe
Repair gas line in Santa Fe
Repair gas line in Santa Fe
Install shower valve in Santa Fe
Service water heater in Santa Fe
Service water heater in Santa Fe
Main line backing up in Santa Fe
Boiler repair in Santa Fe