James’ Plumbing & Heating provides complete air conditioning and heating services for homes and businesses in the Santa Fe area, but we also offer ductless mini split heating and cooling systems. We believe these are among the best comfort options on the market, and their flexibility allows them to work in many types of environments.
If you’re interested in learning more about this incredible technology that is energy efficient and environmentally friendly, call us in Santa Fe, NM to learn more about the details. We employ some of the best technicians in the business—we have to, because we do extensive government contract work and must carry numerous certifications and licenses to meet program requirements. We’ll put this experience and training to work for you, whether you need a new ductless mini split installation, repair, replacement, or just basic maintenance. Simply give us a call to schedule service on ductless heat pumps in the Santa Fe area.
How Ductless Air Conditioning and Heating Works
A ductless mini split heat pump is ingeniously simple in how it eliminates ducts from the heating and cooling process. A standard traditional heat pump is a split system, meaning the system consists of a single outdoor unit and single indoor unit. An air handler blower unit sends the conditioned air from the indoor unit, through system of ducts, and into the space in the room or building that needs the heating or cooling.
Other the other hand, a ductless mini split system may use multiple smaller air handler units that can be mounted unobtrusively high on walls in different rooms throughout the house or business. The indoor units are still connected to the outdoor component (usually referred to as a compressor), allowing them to heat and cool air in each living and working spaces as needed. In this way the system can divide a home or office into several zones adding greater comfort, flexibility, and efficiency for the occupants. No need for ducts—heating and cooling comes straight from the mini air handlers in each zone. Mitsubishi systems can be designed with several other air handler components such as ceiling cassettes and floor units that allow even greater flexibility for home owners.
What Are the Benefits of Going with Ductless Heating and Air Conditioning?
Here are some of the reasons we recommend ductless heating and cooling systems:
- Dual Function Heating and Cooling: Like any heat pump, a ductless mini split works as both a powerful cooling system and an energy efficient heating system.
- Reduced Energy Use: The motors in ductless systems are “smarter” than in conventional heat pumps and they much use less power. Unlike normal heating or cooling systems that are either 100% on or 100% off, ductless system motors are inverter driven – meaning they can speed up or slow down based on the need. When only a little energy is needed to maintain the temperature, then that is all the system uses. In addition, the lack of ducts prevents the heat loss/heat gain through the duct work thereby improving energy efficiency over a ducted system.
- Flexibility: Ductless mini splits give older homes the opportunity to enjoy centralized comfort without having to find a way to construct ducts where there isn’t room. This also makes them great for new building projects. There are a variety of components available that make designing a system easy. And if you have an old oil or gas furnace, there are solutions for that too.
- Better Indoor Air Quality: Ducts collect dander, dust, lint, and more. Without ducts, there won’t be as many pollutants and allergens circulating throughout a home or office.
- Zone Control: The different air handlers in the home can be controlled separately from one another. Homes and businesses can enjoy temperatures suited to different rooms and the different comfort needs of the people in them.
Interested in a Ductless Mini-split system? Call us!
Judith - Santa Fe, NM
On a very busy day when he was booked solid and I had no appointment, James came by to check on my radiant heat, which I thought had gone out. He spent about 15 minutes checking the three zones and told me they were all working fine. There was no charge for the service call. He was courteous and thoughtful. I would recommend him to anyone.
On time, communicated well, left area clean
Marilyn - Santa Fe, NM
Bill - Santa Fe, NM
Solved a long time problem with shower water temperature
Jeff - Santa Fe, NM
James and Isaac are my go-to guys for anything/everything plumbing and AC related. Fast, professional and good guys. I appreciate knowing them.
Lisa - Santa Fe, NM
James plumbing is really great . Prompt efficient.. issac is awesome
Diane - Santa Fe, NM
Prompt, efficient and competent,Fixed a chronic problem with our heating/hot water system quickly
Fast, Awesome and Quality Service!!
Don Davis - Santa Fe, NM
James Plumbing & Heating we’re available fast to come and address radiant heat that would not hold pressure! All is working as it should and I’ve decided to bring James’ Plumbing & Heating back to Service Evaporative Coolers. Awesome owner and staff!
David - Santa Fe, NM
Prompt efficient proficient and thorough
David - Santa Fe, NM
Annie - Santa Fe, NM
Fantastic service. Quick and easy. Very kind and wonderful.
Great company ..
Carlos - Santa Fe, NM
hot water heater
Peter - Santa Fe, NM
Excellent service, great explanations, tremendous skill. showed up on time, just a great person to have work in my house (Isak).Peter Wilkinson
Debbie - Santa Fe, NM
Communication & response is professional & friendly. Work done timely, very well & the friendly local feel was a great experience
Shawn - Santa Fe, NM
Isaac is a great communicator, which is often overlooked in service. We knew exactly what he was doing and why.And the work was done right, too!
Prompt and thouough and very professional.
Kate - Santa Fe, NM
I have already recommended James plumbing to friends.
Hemant - Santa Fe, NM
Prompt and excellent service. Friendly and easy to talk with.
Water heater review!
Airon Malone (Ridd) - Santa Fe, NM
Issac was super awesome! Worked really fast cleaned up after he was done and super nice chill guy! I’d recommend to anyone! 5/5 stars for sure.
Fast, excellent service
Lisa - Santa Fe, NM
Have used James Plumbing 3x now - always fast, fair and professional!
RL - Santa Fe, NM
Timely service and very professional
Leon - Santa Fe, NM
After call was made to James, he responded quickly, set up a time, was on time, and service was delivered very professionally.
Radiant heat manifold replacement
Boiler check up
Furnace start up
Install combi boiler in Santa Fe
Startup boiler system in Santa Fe
Winterize swamp cooler in Santa Fe
Re light pilot on boiler system
Combi boiler start up in Santa Fe
Install shower valve in Santa Fe